TIPS FOR CHOOSING A DOMAIN NAME
A domain is a name that directs people to your website. To have a domain name you have to register it. A domain is significant to individuals doing business online, Things have moved to digital hence things have changes thus the way to run business
-Domain name registration: Each website needs a unique domain name.
- Choose a domain name extension that fits
Extension are like .com, .co.ke, .org etc. they appear at the end of a web address. Different extension are for specific uses, make sure you choose the on that work for your business.
Some examples of top used extensions and how they are used:
- .com: for commercial organizations.
- .co: an abbreviation for company, commerce, as well as,community.
- .info: informational sites.
- .net: technical, Internet infrastructure sites.
- .org: non-commercial organizations and nonprofits.
- .biz: business or commercial use, like e-commerce sites.
- .me: blogs, resumes or personal sites.
- Keep Your Domain Name Short
Domains should be short and memorable, because short domains are memorable.
Complex and difficult domain names users are prone to entering typos as a result, it leads to loss of traffic
A domain name should not exceed 15 characters because longer domains are hard for users to remember therefore It’s a good idea to keep your domain name length short
- Make Your Domain Name Easy to Pronounce and Spell
You should be able to share your domain name easily when speaking as well as writing. You can as well share the domain in person.
If you use the domain to create business email addresses in addition the domain should be easy to spell for any listener and easy to understand.
- Avoid numbers and hyphens
When you use hyphens and numbers they are often misunderstood. When you use numbers people don’t know whether you are using numeral or the spelled out. Users can misplace or forget the dash or the hyphen.
- Be memorable
There are a thousands of domain that are registered, ensure you have a domain that is memorable and catchy is essential.